Applied Anatomy and physiology/Exercise Physiology with Karen Foan- Wednesday 31st January – 1pm – 4pm
Outline: Alongside analysing common mistakes made on paper 1, Tim will provide detailed examples of how and why the highest performing students excelled. Teaching and learning strategies will be provided to address both exam skills and subject knowledge to maximise future success. There will be ample opportunity to raise questions – with a guarantee of straightforward, supportive and reliable answers.
- why did students drop marks?
➢kreb’s cycle and the recovery process
➢mechanics of breathing and role of additional muscles
➢magnus effect and spin created on a projectile.
➢evaluation of types of levers.
➢speed and Velocity calculations
- the synoptic question – updated requirements for 2023 and beyond.
➢stimulus identification – accuracy and focus
➢equations, workings, units and decimal places
➢making your examples specific to the question
- discussion and Q&A
9.30 – 10.45 Session One
10.45 – 11.00 Break
11.00 – 12.15 Session Two
12.15 – 12.30 Chat will remain open
Tutor Profile – Wes Davis
- teaching and Learning Coordinator and Head of Sport at Worcester Sixth Form College
- >16 years’ experience teaching all components of OCR A-Level PE
- highly experienced A-level PE Examiner and Team Leader for a major awarding body
- recently shortlisted for the TES and Worcestershire Education Awards teacher of the year award
- experienced CPD provider.