Skill Acquisition with Sport Psychology With Wes Davis Tuesday 28 February 1.30-4.30
Outline: This webinar will explore a variety of teaching and learning strategies as well as essential examination technique. With a focus on Skill Acquisition and Sports Psychology, it will offer innovative strategies for memorising and evaluating challenging topic areas and explore the concept of interleaving and cognitive load to develop strong AO3 skills. It is suitable for teachers at all levels of experience. Course materials will be emailed before the event.
Responding to the 2022 exam series:
- key takeaways from paper 2
- tips for outstanding exam technique
Model answers for the models of skill acquisition/sport psychology
- Multi store model of memory
- Attribution model
- Confidence models
Creative approaches to evaluating:
- Practice types
- Learning theories
- Arousal theories
- Reducing cognitive load with streamlined explanations
Effective study strategies
- encouraging students to work independently
- creating exam question scenarios to develop agile subject knowledge
1.30 – 2.45 Session One
2.45 – 3.00 Stretch break /refresh / discussion
3.00 – 4.15 Session Two
4.15 – 4.30 Chat will remain open
Tutor Profile – Wes Davis
- teaching and Learning Coordinator and Head of Sport at Worcester Sixth Form College
- >15 years’ experience teaching all components of OCR A-Level PE
- highly experienced A-level PE Examiner and Team Leader for a major awarding body
- a particular passion for the psychological component, revision strategies and the study of memory
- in the summer 2022 series, 50% of Wes’ students achieved an A*/A grade overall
- recently shortlisted for the TES teacher of the year award.
Add a Review
Be the first to review “Skill Acquisition with Sport Psychology With Wes Davis Tuesday 28 February 1.30-4.30”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
There are no reviews yet.