Anatomy & Physiology – Wednesday 17 November | 9.30-12.30
Anatomy & Physiology
Wednesday 17 November 9.30-12.30
Outline: This event is for you if you’re starting out with A&P or have some experience and wish to increase your confidence with knowledge and delivery.
A variety of teaching and learning strategies will be explored with regular reference to essential exam technique. Innovative strategies for memorising challenging topic areas will be offered.
- Energy for exercise – sorting it out / getting it clear
- adenosine Triphosphate (ATP)
- energy systems and ATP resynthesis
- Skeletal and muscular systems
- joints movement and muscles – shoulder and hip
- analysis of movement
- Skeletal muscle contraction – structure and role of motor units / nervous stimulation of the motor unit
- Cardiovascular system
- Conduction System of the heart linked to cardiac cycle
- Cardiac output
- Respiratory system
- Mechanics of Breathing and Gas Exchange
9.30 – 10.45 Session one
10.45 – 11.00 Stretch break / refresh / discussion
11.00 – 12.15 Session two
- – 12.30 Chat will remain open
Tim is head of academic PE & Sports Science at Lord Wandsworth College, Hampshire. He is a highly experienced A-Level PE Principal and Senior examiner with >20 years’ experience teaching A-Level PE. Tim is a subject expert and trainer for a leading exam board.