OCR AS & GCE Socio-cultural – Sport & Society/ Contemporary Sporting Issues Course | Tuesday 27 September 2016
Date: Tuesday 27 September 2016
Tutor: Sarah van Wely
6 in stock
Socio-cultural issues in Physical Activity and Sport
Sport and Society
Contemporary Sporting Issues (GCE only)
Morning 1 – 10.00-11.30
Sport and Society – The emergence and evolution of modern sport.
Our familiar ‘historical’ favourites alongside the ‘new’ 20th and 21st century focus.
How social and cultural factors shaped the characteristics of, and participation in, sports and pastimes in:
- Pre-industrial Britain
- Post 1850 industrial Britain
- Influence of the public schools
- 20th century Britain
- 21st century Britain
Coffee – 11.30-11.45
Morning 2 – 11.45-1.00
Sport and Society – Global Sporting Events
With particular ‘unpicking’ of the new bit/s!
- The Modern Olympic Games
- Background and aims
- Political exploitation of the Olympic Games
- Hosting global sporting events – positive and negative impacts
Lunch – 1.00-1.45
Afternoon – 1.45-3.30 (with short break during session)
Contemporary Sporting Issues *GCE/A-Level only
Tweaking the familiar favourites to ‘100% fit’ the new spec requirements with special focus on the new bits.
- Ethics and deviance in sport – notably gambling in sport (match fixing/bribery and illegal sports betting).
- Commercialisation and media – notably ‘the new bits’
- Routes to sporting excellence in the UK –
Modern Technology in Sport – its impact on elite level sport, participation, fair outcomes and entertainment
Add a Review
Be the first to review “OCR AS & GCE Socio-cultural – Sport & Society/ Contemporary Sporting Issues Course | Tuesday 27 September 2016”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
There are no reviews yet.