Biomechanics with Emma Stephens – Wednesday 24th January – 1pm – 4pm
Outline: This webinar will offer powerful tips, tools, techniques and ideas to bring
biomechanics to life and make it accessible and enjoyable for all teachers and students!
Course materials will be emailed before the event.
- building student confidence though the teaching of Newton’s Laws, calculations for linear motion and factors affecting air resistance/friction
- applying centre of mass
- making biomechanics accessible and fun!
- angular motion
- projectile motion
Preparing students for the exam
- revision strategies
- hints and tips for top performance on the day
1.00 – 2.15 Session One
2.15 – 2.30 Stretch break /refresh/ discussion
2.30 – 3.45 Session Two
3.45 – 4.00 Chat will remain open
Tutor Profile – Emma Stephens
- director of Teaching and Quality at The 6th Form College Farnborough (an Ofsted outstanding college)
- an expert in her field whose students consistently attain excellent examination results
- having taught all components of the OCR course for many years she has a wealth of knowledge and ideas to share
- highly experienced A-Level PE Senior Examiner (theory) and Practical Moderator (coursework), as well as a practised INSET tutor
- author of the PEfocus (OCR endorsed) ‘Sports Psychology’ Teacher Resource File
- a keen netballer and traveller