Add a Review
Outline: Emma will share her experience from the 2023 series as an EAPI and practical moderator. She’ll unpick common issues and explore best practice along with a range of teaching strategies for preparing and assessing candidates in this unique examination.
- common challenges - with suggested solutions
- clarification of levels
- assessing your students with confidence and accuracy
- course materials including exemplars
- specific lesson sequences/ideas to equip students
- opportunity for discussion and Q&A
1pm – 2:15pm Session One
2:15pm – 2:30pm Break
2:30pm – 3:45pm Session Two
3:45 – 4pm Chat will remain open
Tutor Profile – Emme Stephens
- Director of Teaching and Quality at The 6th Form College Farnborough (an Ofsted outstanding college)
- An expert in her field whose students consistently attain excellent examination results
- Having taught all components of the OCR course for many years she has a wealth of knowledge and ideas to share
- Highly experienced A-Level PE Senior Examiner (theory) and Practical Moderator (coursework), as well as a practised INSET tutor
- Author of the PEfocus (OCR endorsed) ‘Sports Psychology’ Teacher Resource File
- A keen netballer and traveller
- the big four that altered the scores! Why did students drop marks?
➢ evaluating the cognitive learning theory ➢ evaluating the multi store model of memory ➢ analysing factors affecting attitude formation ➢ multi-dimensional model of leadership ➢ the use of innovative frameworks to guarantee outstanding responses.
- the synoptic question – updated requirements for 2023 and beyond.
➢ are examples needed in both parts of the question? ➢ what does compare really mean and how can we ensure our learners are autonomous in this vital exam skill? ➢ be SMART when giving the benefits of goal setting.
- discussion and Q&A
- comprehensive course materials will be emailed before the event.
- Teaching and Learning Coordinator and Head of Sport at Worcester Sixth Form College
- >16 years’ experience teaching all components of OCR A-Level PE
- Highly experienced A-level PE Examiner and Team Leader for a major awarding body
- Recently shortlisted for the TES and Worcestershire Education Awards teacher of the year award
- Experienced CPD provider.