Anatomy & Physiology with Exercise Physiology With Karen Foan Thursday 9 February 1.30-4.30
Outline: This webinar is suitable for all teachers of the physiological component. Throughout, Karen will offer great teaching ideas, spotlight exam requirements and recap crucial ‘game changing’ exam technique including key tips for synoptic success. Course materials will be emailed before the event.
Anatomy & Physiology
Energy for Exercise
ATP and energy transfer
- ATP as energy currency and the breakdown of ATP
Energy Systems and ATP resynthesis
- focus on the glycolytic and aerobic systems
The recovery process
Training methods, methods of evaluating fitness and physiological adaptations
- types, factors that affect strength, methods of evaluating types, training to develop strength
- clarity on exactly what to teach
- quick, easy and doable tips for improving exam technique
1.30 – 2.45 Session One
2.45 – 3.00 Break
3.00 – 4.15 Session Two
4.15 – 4.30 Chat will remain open
Tutor Profile – Karen Foan
- Associate Principal at Saint Francis Xavier SFC, London; previously Assistant Principal and Head of Sport and PE – Woking College, Surrey
- has taught A-Level PE for >20 years and is passionate about student led learning and personalisation
- highly experienced A-level PE Senior Examiner
- highly experienced teacher of all components of OCR A-Level PE
- a keen (and slowly improving) golfer!
Add a Review
Be the first to review “Anatomy & Physiology with Exercise Physiology With Karen Foan Thursday 9 February 1.30-4.30”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
There are no reviews yet.