Anatomy & Physiology with Exercise Physiology Thursday 3 March 9.30-12.30
Outline: This webinar will give both new and experienced teachers increased knowledge, clarity, confidence and ideas. With her depth of knowledge and experience and her relaxed and approachable style, Karen will explore central themes of the specification with precision, while also giving time and space for questions and discussion. Course materials will be emailed before the event.
Session one focus:
- Muscle contraction during exercise: Muscle Fibre Types – how to maximise marks
- Cardio-vascular System – focus on the vascular system during exercise:
- effects of exercise on heart rate, stroke volume and cardiac output
- redistribution of cardiac output during exercise and recovery, the Vascular Shunt mechanism
- mechanisms of Venous Return during exercise and recovery
Session two focus:
- Training methods, methods of evaluating fitness and physiological adaptations
- focus on the aerobic system
- understanding exactly what to teach – with engaging teaching ideas
- strategies for improving exam technique and performance
- the 20-mark question
- clear guidance on structuring high grade answers
- …and on accessing the top levels
- using ‘DIRT’ in lessonsTimings:
9.30 – 10.45 Session One
10.45 – 11.00 Stretch / refresh / discuss
11.00 – 12.15 Session Two
12.15 – 12.30 Chat will remain open
Tutor Profile – Karen Foan
Karen is Associate Principal at Saint Francis Xavier SFC, London; previously Assistant Principal and Head of Sport and PE – Woking College, Surrey. She has taught A-Level PE for >20 years and is passionate about student led learning and personalisation. With particular expertise in/passion for the Physiological Factors component Karen has considerable experience teaching the whole specification. She is a highly experienced A-level PE Senior Examiner.
Add a Review
Be the first to review “Anatomy & Physiology with Exercise Physiology Thursday 3 March 9.30-12.30”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
There are no reviews yet.